Mauritius has opted for a reliable and advantageous tax policy, a guarantee of serenity, which favours foreign investors:
- Acquiring real estate worth USD 500,000 or more will grant you the status of Mauritian fiscal resident provided you subsequently reside in Mauritius for at least 183 days per year.
- Property purchased in Mauritius is not subject to the IFI (Real Estate Wealth Tax) in France.
- In the event of resale of the property, there is no capital gains tax.
- There is no CSG (French social security tax), property tax or housing tax in Mauritius.
- Only 15% income tax is payable.
- Since 1980, a double taxation agreement has been implemented between France and Mauritius.
All the conditions are there to guarantee your peace of mind: all that is left for you to do is get in touch with MJ’s advisors, reliable and acknowledged partners, to guide you in all your steps.